At Ateco we provide our customers with the complete solution. Almost all the extrusion and components supplied by Ateco has a surface treatment or finish. We source, stock and supply both long-length extrusion and machined components with these surface treatments and aluminium finishes. The most frequently used surface treatments are anodising and polyester powder coating.
Anodising is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. Anodizing increases resistance to corrosion and wear, and provides better adhesion for paint primers and glues than bare metal. Anodic films can also be used for a number of cosmetic effects, either with thick porous coatings that can absorb dyes or with thin transparent coatings that add interference effects to reflected light.
Anodising thickness increases wear resistance, corrosion resistance, ability to retain lubricants and PTFE coatings, and electrical and thermal insulation.
Types of anodising available to Ateco include;
- Sulphuric acid anodising in thicknesses 5μm, 10μm, 15μm, 20μm and 25μm and ‘hard anodising’ for increased wear resistance. Sulphuric acid anodised components can be dyed during the anodising process to achieve a strong vibrant colouring.
- Chromic acid anodising used predominantly in the aerospace and defence sectors. Chromic acid anodising produces a softer, more ductile and, in certain instances, self-healing film.
POLYESTER POWDER COATING
Powder coating is applied as a dry powder that is applied electrostatically and then is cured under heat to produce a hard finish. Powder coating can produce thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running.
Polyester powders are available in a wide range of RAL colours.
AND WE ALSO…
We can also source surface treatments and finishes to our customers’ specification. Other surface treatments sourced in the TURKEY by Ateco include;
- Electrophoretic and wet spray paints
- Chromate conversions (Alochrome)
- Non-chromate conversions (Iridite NCP and Surtec 650)
- Polishing and chemical brightening
- Bead blasting
- Screen Printing
- Laser Etching
Ateco offers aluminium finishes and surface treatments for other materials, helping to improve their durability and practicality. Utilising our expert aluminium finishing skills, we can craft components to fulfil all your requirements.
Call our friendly team today on +90 262 335 1598 to find out more.